Superintendents are responsible for the overall direction of field operations, completion schedules, and labor budget outcome of their construction project, including any Specialty Department work. He/She will direct and supervise all Manshield Construction field personnel and all subcontractors on the jobsite effectively to bring the project to a successful completion. Our Superintendents establish a positive and effective working relationship with the members of the project team (Project Managers, Owners,
Architects, and Subcontractors).
- Plan and schedule project, including short interval schedules
- Schedule manpower and develop a working budget based on the estimates and project schedule.
- Control job progress by managing subcontractors, solving problems and conflicts, using proper documentation, quality control and safety control techniques on the job.
- Control project costs by weekly evaluation of labor, material, and equipment costs, adjusting to insure a fair profit while maximizing customer satisfaction foremost.
- Demonstrate superior construction process knowledge.
- Insure customer satisfaction by recognizing and meeting all the client's needs.
- Provide leadership through team building communications, proper motivation, confidence, good judgment and listening to others.
- Self-initiate and motivate.
- Insure that all parties understand the importance of safety to your project and educate those that need it.
- Sell your company and yourself to the Client, Architect, and Engineers. Earn their respect.
- Keep your appearance at a level appropriate to your role and the company's quality reputation. How someone sees you is also how they see your company.
- Sell your company and yourself to building officials and inspectors. Earn their respect.
- Always act in a professional manner.
- Experience in food processing facilities is required. The candidate should be familiar with sanitary design, refrigeration, and food safety.
- 3 to 5 years or more experience in a field supervision role preferred.